In order to encourage of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), an approach step by step will be implemented. There are two main strategies to encourage Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- The 7 Steps Strategy,
- The IC Management (Eye See).
IC Management is an improvement cycle management.
The 7 Steps strategy like the word show is an activity step by step like a stair. At the end of each step we have to stop and evaluate our performance before we move to next steps. Below is the 7 steps strategy content.
The 7 Steps in Total Productive Maintenance:
- Step 1: Initial Cleaning,
- Step 2: Action towards obstacle in doing cleaning i.e Kaizen,
- Step 3: Lubrication (and setup a cleaning and lubrication standard),
- Step 4: Total Inspection (focus on skill up of equipment knowledge) – consist of 6 more steps,
- Step 5: Self Inspection.
- Step 6: Management of equipment and area around it – 5 S and IC Management will be focus in this step.
- Step 7: Self Management – Autonomous Maintenance.
The 7 Steps Strategy will help equipment operator to understand their daily routine in order to keep equipment operating at high efficiency. The operator will understand the equipment behavior and will easily identify any abnormality occur at the equipment.